UAB Film Festival 2022
UAB submissions for our 2022 Film Festival are now open! Please read the following information below.
University Activities Board is now accepting submissions for our Film Festival. This event is open to all students, staff, and faculty to showcase their filmmaking talents. Different categories will be presented and the winners will receive a special prize from UAB. Please refer to the information below for full instructions, rules, guidelines, and tips.
Google Form Submission:
Positions and Names of Contributors
Director: Julia Love
Editor: David Miles
Camera Operator: Anna Gordon
Type of Project
Was this film created by students, staff, or faculty?
Did you make this film project with a club, film group, etc?
What title captures the essence of your project?
Give a brief, one sentence summary of your film.
Full Description/Plot Summary
Give a detailed description of what is happening in your project.
Which genre categories does your film fall into?
Guidelines for Film File Upload and/or Link:
- Videos may be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Film horizontally with 16×9 aspect ratio (normal ratio if filmed on phone/computer)
- Please consider campus safety guidelines before, during, and after filming.
- Please review your submission video before submitting to ensure audio and video recorded properly.
- Entries will not be accepted if they are explicit in nature or go against the rules and guidelines.
- Video files must be no larger than 10 GB in order to submit (If larger, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your video and the information from the previous page)
Film Festival Rules & Guidelines:
Your films must abide by the following:
- No hate speech or targeting groups
- No actual violence or harm should come to participants on screen and behind the scenes
- No excessive sexual material/nudity
- No copyrighted material – if agreeing to be featured on YouTube (use open source/creative commons)
- Films should be no longer than 10 minutes (contact email@example.com if you would like to be considered for an exception)
- Film in landscape view
- All filmmaking processes must follow campus safety guidelines.
*Remember: Entries will not be accepted if they are explicit in nature or go against the rules and guidelines.
🎥 January 3rd, 2022 Deadline:Click here to submit your video!
Helpful Tips from Filmmakers:
- Think about films you love, why you love them, and try to emulate that.
- Work with what you’ve got.
- Experiment with light.
- Show, don’t say.
- Choose location wisely.
- Embrace your limits.
The categories below are the tools judges will use to score your short film submissions.
- Use of Theme
- Formal Filmmaking
- Visual (Cinematography, Lighting, etc.)
- Sound (Sound Editing, etc.)
- Overall Experience
Deadline to Submit is January 3rd, 2022 at 11:59pm!
- January 11th, 2022 at ~7:00pm in Talley Student Union & YouTube Premiere
*Please note that staff and faculty are not eligible to win prizes from the University Activities Board*
*Projects created in and/or for class will be accepted*
*Multiple film submissions are accepted, but please submit individual google forms for each project*
For any additional questions regarding the UAB Film Festival please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PREVIOUS YEARS OF FILM FESTIVAL
🎥 Watch the Youtube Video of the Premier!Click for the Youtube Video of the Premiere!
We had a LIVE W.O.L.F.ies Award Ceremony and enjoyed a live Q&A with the filmmakers! Awards included Judge’s Choice, Audience Choice, and 60-Second Short prizes! We also had a prize for attending & participating in our Kahoot game at the end of the ceremony!