About Councils

Residential Councils

Each Residence Hall on campus has their own individual Hall or combined Area Council to serve their student population. If you would like to get connected with your local Residential Council to get involved, raise a concern, provide a programming idea, etc., contact your area’s Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) or Graduate Assistant (GA), or contact us if you would like to be put in contact with your area’s Residential Council President.

Residential Area/Hall councils do a huge part in creating a community within each residence hall. They are able to enhance a living space with furniture, better facilities, and many other things. Some resources that you can utilize within your Residence Area/Hall council are listed below:

  • Funding
  • Marketing/Awareness
  • Enhancing your building (New furniture, cookware, whiteboards, hammock posts)
  • Support (e.g. volunteers)