Student Organization Website Rules
- Only registered student organizations may have a site hosted through this service. Check with getinvolved.ncsu.edu to verify your organization’s status, and contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Access to manage a student organization website is limited to active members of the student organization.
- Website names may not use“NC State”or any other NC State University trademark/wordmark in
their names other than to identify that the organization is located at NC State (i.e. “at NC State”). For example, the Tabletop Gamers Club may not have as it’s name “NC State Tabletop Gamers Club” — however, “Tabletop Gamers Club at NC State” is acceptable.
- All pages and posts in a student organization website must contain an email address for receiving site feedback; it is recommended that this be a Google Generic account address built into the footer of the site. If your organization needs a Google Generic account, please send that request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student organization websites are not enabled or authorized to perform financial transactions of any kind.
- Student organization websites must fully comply with the trademark usage standards for student organizations.
- Student organization websites must fully comply with REG 11.55.07 – Registered Student Organizations: Regulation for Undergraduate Student Leadership, Membership, and Registration.
- Student organization websites must fully comply with REG 01.25.03 – Copyright Regulation.
- Student organizations are strongly encouraged to follow the best practices outlined in the university’s IT Accessibility Handbook.
- Student organizations are strongly encouraged to follow the university’s Social Media Best Practices and Guidelines.