Please email email@example.com for immediate assistance.
Fall Elections Process
- Each Fall, students have the opportunity to run for the following positions:
- First-Year Student Senate – 10 seats
- Graduate and Lifelong Education Student Senate – 3 seats
- Open Senate seats – Fall 2020
- College of Design – 2 seats
- College of Education – 2 seats
- To run for one of these open seats, please fill out the Intent to Run Form by 11:59PM September 1st, 2020.
*Students are eligible to run for first year seats if this is their first fall semester at NC State, whether it be as a freshman or transfer student.
*Numbers subject to change.
This election cycle is now over. Check the past elections page for more information on the Fall 2020 election.
Fall 2020 Election Timeline and Checklist
- For a calendar version of the following information, please see this document.
Monday, August 24th, 2020 at 12:01 AM: Filing for Candidacy Opens Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 at 11:59 PM: Filing for Candidacy Closes
- Attend one of two All Candidates Meeting
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020 at 6:00 PM (Zoom): All Candidates Meeting Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 at 7:30 PM (Zoom): All Candidates Meeting Note: If you cannot attend one of the All Candidates Meetings, you may send a representative in your place, but you must fill out this form in order to do so. Powerpoint for ACM Post All Candidates Meeting Module – complete by September 7th or 8th
Monday, September 7th, 2020: Campaigning Begins – 12:01 AM Submit your first Expense Report by 5:00 PM
Monday, September 14th, 2020: Voting Opens – 12:01 AM Submit your second Expense Report by 5:00 PM
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020: Voting Closes – 11:59 PM Wednesday, September 16th, 2020: Submit your third Expense Report by 12:15 AM Fall Election Reveal – 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 17th, 2020: Runoff Voting from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Submit your Runoff Election Finance Report by 8:00 PM Runoff election reveal will be posted online within 24 hours of the close of poll
* Some dates and times subject to change.
Fall 2020 Candidates
|Position||Seats Available||Candidates Running|
|Senator – First Year Students
||Ten (10)||Total: 16|
|Senator – Graduate and Lifelong Education||Three (3)||Total: 0|
|Senator – College of Design
||Two (2)||Total: 1|
|Senator – College of Education
|Two (2)||Total: 2|
Total Candidates Filed: 28*
*7 candidates thus far have been disqualified or dropped out