Senate Legislation can be viewed at the following link: NC State Student Senate Legislation (102nd Session).
Legislation Status Definitions
- First Reading – The legislation has been submitted, and will be charged to a Committee at the next Senate meeting.
- In Committee – The legislation is under review in Committee. Please check the SG Calendar for upcoming Committee Meetings and agendas.
- Failed in Committee – The legislation did not proceed to Second Reading by Committee Vote.
- Second Reading – The legislation has passed Committee review by vote, and will be considered at the next Senate meeting. Please see the Legislation Report for summary.
- Passed, Awaiting Signature – The legislation passed by Senate Vote, but still need to be Officiated by signature.
- Engrossed – The legislation has corrected post-adoption of the Senate, and is prepared for signature.
- Officiated – Engrossed, with official signature.
- Failed – The legislation did not pass by Senate vote.
- Ruled Out of Order – The legislation was found to be in violation of some form of Rule or Law, and is no longer being considered by Senate (See “Notes” for information.)