Skip to main content

Returning Unspent Finance Committee Grant Funds

Reference this Finance Committee Grant Guide when returning unspent Finance Committee Grant funds or if paying your organization's "Amount Due". Student organizations should return unspent funds back to Student Government if they did not fully use their Finance Committee Grant funding or if Student Government cannot accept a submitted receipt. If you submitted Finance Committee Grant receipts, please wait until those receipts are verified before returning unspent funds.

Step 1: Determine if your organization needs to return unspent funds.

The first step in the process is determining if your student organization needs to return unspent Finance Committee Grant funds. Always submit receipts before returning unspent funds.

Your student organization should return unspent funds if it meets one of the following conditions:

  • Did not spend any of your Finance Committee Grant funding
  • Only spent a portion of your Finance Committee Grant funding and have submitted receipts which have been verified by Student Government
  • Submitted receipts to Student Government, but there are receipt(s) that cannot be accepted by Student Government and there is an “Amount Due”

Step 2: Submit the online form for returning unspent funds

Before you return any unspent funds, please submit the online form first. This form allows us to communicate with you about your returned funds submission.

Step 3: Turning in unspent funds

Next, turn in the funds to Student Government. We can accept returned funds via check or interdepartmental transfer (IDT).

Returning Funds via Check (Recommended):

  1. Make the check out to “NC State University”.
  2. Print out and complete the Form FS-FC01: Returning Unspent Finance Committee Grant Funds.
  3. Place both the check and completed form into a sealed envelope.
  4. Drop off the envelope at the Treasury Office (Talley 4251E) or mail the envelope to the mailing address listed below.

Envelopes and pre-printed forms are available for organizations at the Treasury Office (Talley 4251E).

Returning Funds via Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT):

Organizations who are directly affiliated with a NC State department or office can return funds to Student Government via interdepartmental transfer (IDT). This is only available to organizations who are affiliated with a University department or office that handles their finances and banking.

Most organizations typically are not able to return funds via IDT. Unfortunately, Student Government is unable to accept electronic funds transfers at this time.

Please email Student Body Treasurer Harrison Andrews at to return funds via interdepartmental transfer (IDT).

Mailing Address for Checks

If you cannot physically drop off the check for returned funds, you can mail it to Student Government. Please use the mailing address below.

Mail returned funds to:

Attn: Student Body Treasurer Harrison Andrews
2610 Cates Avenue
Campus Box 7295
Raleigh, NC 27695-7295