Student Government appropriations occur twice every year. As a committee, SG Appropriations seeks to optimally distribute funding to student organizations for what they need most.
Key Dates Spring Break 2019-Fall Break 2019:
- Appropriations Packet release: January 22, 2019
- Application opens: January 22, 2019 (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScafZGwc1Mhp4cVm37oa6lu0Z45NOabTHtl4BLjUWY2ED4-Og/viewform)
- Application closes: February 4, 2019 @ 11:59 PM
- Mandatory application interview: February 8-10, 2019
- Student Senate meeting to vote on Appropriations allocation: February 20, 2019 @ 7:30 PM
- Optional Budget Help Sessions (Drop-in): January 25 (5-7pm), February 1 (5 – 7pm), and February 3 (11:00 am- 2 pm) – Student Government Suite (4251 Talley)
If you have any questions during the process, contact email@example.com.
- Student Organizations must be registered with Student Involvement to receive funding. Unregistered student organizations seeking active status for Spring 2019, must submit their registration application by Wednesday, January 16th at 11:59 pm. For more information: https://studentinvolvement.dasa.ncsu.edu/student-organizations/start-a-new-org/
- Check the ineligibility list before applying. If your organization is not on the list, you are eligible to apply.
- Approximately $100,000 will be allocated this cycle.
Here is the final FB2017-SB2018 Appropriations Bill.
Here is the final SB2018-FB2018 Appropriations Bill.
Here is the final FB2018-SB2019 Appropriations Bill.
Receipts from Fall Break 2017-Spring Break 2018 are due to the Student Body Treasurer March 19. Directions for turning in receipts can be found here.
Receipts from Spring Break 2018-Fall Break 2018 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by October 8.
Receipts from Fall Break 2018-Spring Break 2019 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by March 19.
Helpful tips to prepare for the application process:
- Ensure your organization’s registration is current. Go to Get Involved at getinvolved.ncsu.edu to update your organization’s registration, click on Organizations, search for your organization name, IF – Register This Organization Button – appears below your organization, click on the Button and update your registration information.
- Ensure your organization is eligible. Check the Ineligibility List.
- Review the Appropriations Packet for complete instructions on navigating through the process.
- Watch the Help Session and Complete Corresponding Quiz
- Plan out the budget for the funds you are requesting. Download The Appropriations Budget Tool from google sheets as a tool for both balancing and executing your application’s budget well. You must upload a link to a budget made using this tool to your application.
- Ask questions before the deadlines! All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t wait until the last day to turn in required documents or start your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about the Appropriations process, contact the Appropriations Committee: email@example.com