Student Government appropriations occur twice every year. As a committee, SG Appropriations seeks to optimally distribute funding to student organizations for what they need most.
Key Dates Fall Break 2019-Spring Break 2020:
- Appropriations Packet release: August 16, 2019
- Application opens: August 16, 2019
- Application closes: August 30, 2019 @ 11:59 PM
- Mandatory application interview: September 7-8, 2019
- Student Senate meeting to vote on Appropriations allocation: TBA
- Optional Budget Help Sessions (Drop-in): August 23 (5PM-7PM), August 26 (5PM-7PM), August 29 (11AM-2PM)
- Return receipts and any unused funds by March 24, 2019.
If you have any questions during the process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Organizations must be registered with Student Involvement to receive funding. For more information: https://studentinvolvement.dasa.ncsu.edu/student-organizations/start-a-new-org/
- Check the ineligibility list before applying. If your organization is not on the list, you are eligible to apply.
- Approximately $100,000 will be allocated for this cycle.
Forms from the past cycles:
Receipts from Spring Break 2018-Fall Break 2018 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by October 8, 2018.
Receipts from Fall Break 2018-Spring Break 2019 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by March 19, 2019.
Receipts from Spring Break 2019-Fall Break 2019 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by October 2, 2019.
Helpful tips to prepare for the application process:
- Ensure your organization’s registration is current. Go to Get Involved at getinvolved.ncsu.edu to update your organization’s registration, click on Organizations, search for your organization name, IF – Register This Organization Button – appears below your organization, click on the Button and update your registration information.
- Ensure your organization is eligible. Check the Ineligibility List.
- Review the Appropriations Packet for complete instructions on navigating through the process.
- Watch the Help Session and Complete Corresponding Quiz
- Plan out the budget for the funds you are requesting. Download The Appropriations Budget Tool from google sheets as a tool for both balancing and executing your application’s budget well. You must upload a link to a budget made using this tool to your application.
- Ask questions before the deadlines! All questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Don’t wait until the last day to turn in required documents or start your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about the Appropriations process, contact the Appropriations Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org