Student Government appropriations occur twice every year. As a committee, SG Appropriations seeks to optimally distribute funding to student organizations for what they need most.
Key Dates Spring Break 2018-Fall Break 2018:
Appropriations Packet release: January 19, 2018
The Spring 2018 Packet is available here.
Application opens: January 22, 2018
The Spring 2018 Application is available here.
Application closes: February 4, 2018
Mandatory application interview: February 9-11, 2018
Student Senate meeting to vote on Appropriations allocation: February 21, 2018 at 7:30pm
Receipts for Spring Cycle due: March 19, 2018 at 4pm
Here is the final FB2017-SB2018 Appropriations Bill.
Here is the final SB2018-FB2018 Appropriations Bill.
Receipts from Fall Break 2017-Spring Break 2018 are due to the Student Body Treasurer March 19. Directions for turning in receipts can be found here.
Receipts from Spring Break 2018-Fall Break 2018 are due to the Student Body Treasurer by October 8.
Helpful tips to prepare for the application process:
- Ensure your organization’s registration is current. Go to Get Involved at getinvolved.ncsu.edu to update your organization’s registration, click on Organizations, search for your organization name, IF – Register This Organization Button – appears below your organization, click on the Button and update your registration information.
- Ensure your organization is eligible. Check the Ineligibility List and the corresponding class descriptions. If class 2 or 3, turn receipts in by the application deadline.
- Review the Appropriations Packet for complete instructions on navigating through the process.
- Watch the Help Session and Complete Corresponding Quiz
- Plan out the budget for the funds you are requesting. Download The Appropriations Budget Tool from google sheets as a tool for both balancing and executing your application’s budget well. You must upload a link to a budget made using this tool to your application.
- Ask questions before the deadlines! All questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Don’t wait until the last day to turn in required documents or start your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about the Appropriations process, contact the Appropriations Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org