For information about the Student Body President and Vice President election, please refer to this statement from the Board of Elections.
- Each Spring, students have the opportunity to run for the positions listed below.
- Beginning this election cycle, tickets for the five Student Body Officers (Student Body President and Vice President (joint ticket), Student Senate President, Student Body Treasurer, and Student Body Chief Justice) will all receive financial campaign assistance to offset out of pocket expenses associated with campaigning. Exact allocations to each ticket will be determined at close of books and is anticipated to cover at least 50% of the allowed spending amounts. All candidates on tickets for Student Body Officer positions will receive campaign assistance and no additional applications are needed.
- View the Spring 2019 Election Results!
|Position||Seat(s) Available||Seat Winners|
|Student Body President and Vice President||One (1)
|Emma Carter (SBP)
Nicole Teague (SBVP)
|Student Senate President||One (1)||Mitchell Smith Moravec|
|Student Body Treasurer||One (1)||Garrison Seitz|
|Student Body Chief Justice||One (1)||Kiera Jonson|
|College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Senate||Six (6)||Coleman Simpson
|College of Sciences Senate||Five (5)||Jacob Sebastian
|College of Design Senate||Three (3)||Zero (0) Candidates Filed|
|College of Education Senate||Three (3)||Zero (0) Candidates Filed|
|College of Engineering Senate||Nine (9)||Michael Stuart Bowen Jr.
|College of Natural Resources Senate||Four (4)||Jake Caccavaro
|College of Humanities and Social Sciences||Seven (7)||Sophia McMahan
The final seat will be determined in a runoff election taking place Thursday, March 7th, 8am 3/7 to 12pm 3/8*
|Poole College of Management Senate||Five (5)||Zero (0) Candidates Filed|
|Wilson College of Textiles Senate||Three (3)||Margaret Monaco
Mary Katherine Frye
|Division of Academic and Student Affairs Senate||Two (2)||Jonah Hazelwood
|Graduate and Lifelong Education Senate||Thirteen (13)||Ming Yao
-A description of each position can be found here.
*Note: “After careful consideration, the Board of Elections has decided to postpone the Student Body President and Vice President announcement until March 21st, time and location TBA on the SG website. We have made this decision out of respect to both tickets and to the integrity of the elections process. We as the Board of Elections are committed to ensuring free and fair elections. We will not be taking questions about this particular election at this time.” – NCSU SG Board of Elections
- In line with Student Government Statutes, §2-3.9. Apportionment for Fall Election: The following Senators shall be elected in the Fall General Election and shall not be considered for election in the Spring General Election:
- (a) all Senators representing first-year undergraduate students; and
- (b) two (2) Senators representing first-year students in the Graduate School.
Spring ’19 Election Checklist and Timeline
- Monday, 2/4: Books Open 8am
Wednesday, 2/6: Interest Meeting (4251 Talley Student Union–Student Government Suite) 6:30-7:30pm Thursday, 2/7: Interest Meeting (4251 Talley Student Union–Student Government Suite) 6-7pm Sunday, 2/17: Books Close 11pm Wednesday, 2/20: All Candidates Meeting, Talley Student Union, 4140 (Student Governance Chambers), 6-7pm Attend one of two All Candidates Meetings Complete Module Quiz by assigned Due Date, 2/28/19 at 11pm
Thursday, 2/21: All Candidates Meeting, Talley Student Union, 4140 (Student Governance Chambers), 6-7pm Attend one of Two All Candidates Meetings Complete Module Quiz by assigned Due Date, 2/28/19 at 11pm
Friday, 2/22: Campaigning Starts 8am Monday, 2/25: Submit your first Finance Report by 5pm Thursday, 2/28: Module Quiz Due 11pm Technician Debate will take place on 2/28 at 6:30pm in the Student Governance Chambers, 4140 Talley Student Union
Monday 3/4: Voting Opens, 8pm Submit your second Finance Report by 5pm on Monday, 3/4
Tuesday, 3/5: Voting Closes, 8pm Submit your third Finance Report by 8pm on Tuesday, 3/5
Tuesday, 3/5: Elections Reveal 9pm Mountains Ballroom, TSU Thursday, 3/7: Runoff Election Voting: 8am 3/7 to 12pm 3/8 There will be a runoff election for the final CHASS Senator Seat between Val Mera and Charan Saravanan Submit your Runoff Election Finance Report by 12:15pm on Friday, 3/8
- Wednesday, 3/27: 99th Session Student Body Officer Induction, time and place TBA)